Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Boat Boys

Sox Update: WTF? It was no surprise when Conteras got shelled by the low-level D-Backs. But El Duque too? Uh, hey guys, I hear Fidel has reserved a corner of a dungeon cell in Havana for ya. Is it time to ship em back?

I haven't hit the panic button yet. But they better fuckin win tomorrow. If the Sox get swept by Arizona, the Twins will gang rape them come August.

Minor League Update:

Charlotte (AAA): Lose 3-2 to Norfolk. The only reason it was close? Brandon McCarthy, who struck out 7 in 6 IP. His record drops to 3-7. Mama said...

Birmingham (AA): lose uneventfully, 2-0 to Tenn...

Winston-Salem (A): Beat Fredrick, and this is not a typo, 21-12. I don't even know where to begin with this mess of a box score. Lets see, Collaro was 4 for 6 with 2 homers and 7 (yes 7) RBIs. Daigle was 5 for 6 with 6 RBIs. I think I'll stop there...

Kannapolis (A): Beat Columbus 6-2. Ricks was 3 for 4. Moat picked up 3 Ks in 3 IP.

Baseball phrase of the day: softie n./arch. a softball player

Today's music selection: There is nothing wrong with Poi Dog Pondering. I am comfortable enough in my manhood to say that... same goes for Husker Du, who rock a lot harder, but are 33 and 1/3rd % gay.

Softball team played a man (or a gal) down and lost a close one in the final inning. We're 2-3, but unlike last year, we've been real close in every loss. My slump continues. I was 0 for 3. Woulda had a homer, but got no sign from the coach rounding third and was thrown out at the plate with the tying run.

I'm deep into the first chapter of Studs Lonigan. As I read along this summer, I'll try to keep an eye out for comparisons between the author (Farrell) and his main character (Studs) with that of Saul Bellow and his most famous protagnoist, Augie March. Fun fun fun!!!!

1 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

" I was 0 for 3. Woulda had a homer, but got no sign from the coach rounding third and was thrown out at the plate with the tying run."

Then you weren't 0 for 3; you had at least one triple but were thrown out at the plate.

I'm looking forward to the Farrell/Studs Bellow/Augie comparisons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home