Saturday, July 09, 2005

111

111. That's how many pitches the A's made Jon Garland throw thru just 5 innings. Fuckin Beane.

My job in the financial inustry is a "love-hate" relationship. On one hand, I love the pay, the great benefits, the lack of pressure, and the "bankers' hours." I'm the only guy I know with more than a month of vacation per year. On the down side, sometimes at quarter end, I have to work 12 hour days... and weekends. Such was the case today. And as a result, I was not able to attend the game.

Sox Update: a 4-2 loss to Oakland. Like my Sox fan cousin from the Bay area says, "I don't get it. The A's just are not that good." No highlights, no low lights. It just is what it is.

Down On The Farm:

Charlotte (AAA): You know the drill. But Daigle was 3 for 4.

Birmingham (AA): Beat Mobile 6-4. Owens 3 for 3. Lopez 2 for 3 with a homer. Rogo was 2 for 5 with 3 RBIs.

Winston-Salem (A): Lose to Potomac 6-3. Collaro 1 for 4. Broadway strikes out 5 in 6 IP, giving up 2 ER and walking none.

Kannapolis (A): Beat Greenvilee 6-4. Mayi strikes out 2 in the lone inning he worked. King was 2 for 4 with 2 RBIs.

Bristol (R): Beat Burlington 2-0,. Sanchez goes 2 for 3 with 2 doubles. Williamson strikes out 3 in 3 and 1/3rd IP.

Great Falls (R): Beat Missoula 5-4. Everly strikes out 7 in 6 IP.

Baseball phrase of the day: None. Too damn busy and tired.

Today's music selection: None. Too damn busy and tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home