Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Good night


ace

I didn't watch any of the Sox game, I had softball. For the past few weeks, our team has been struggling to find players. After winning 2 of our first 3 games, we've dropped 4 straight. With our manager out, he left me in charge. I had rounded up enough drones at work to field a team, when our pitcher had a personal emergency and couldn't play. Our pitcher has pitched every inning for us the last two years.

So the first 3 innings, we have one of our girls pitch, she does a good job, and we're winning 12-10. But she tires out and no one else wants to pitch. So even though I've never pitched a softball in my life, I go in... and proceed to pitch 4 innings of scoreless ball. But my performance was more due to the great defense behind me than my skills.But being lefty, I may have thrown some of the hitters off just a bit.

Playoffs next week. And our team should be at full strength.

Sox Update: Thomas homer in the 8th, rat-a-tat-tat, and it was all over. sPods, Ozuna, Politte and Hermanson played notably well.

No time for a minor league update today. Must go to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home