Sunday, June 19, 2005

You mutha fuggin sonofabeetch

Sox Update: I'm not sure what words I can write here to describe saturday night's thrilling game. I don't need to rehash a box score here. I saw the early innings, and the last one... I''ve watched a lot of thirlling events in my life, but that game is among the finest. AJ's homer in the 9th set the hairs on the back of my neck at attention. Rock on, dude! It reminded me of the national televised Cub game in 1984 when Ryne Sandberg came up and hit two homers, one in the 9th, one in extra innings, off Bruce Sutter and sent the Cub straight into the post season. That game was a turning point for the 84 Cubs, and I think this game was the turning point for the '05 Sox...

The SF Giants can call AJ a cancer all they want. Fuck them. This dude rocks hard balls all the way!

The old '59 jerseys look fantasic. They should wear those all the time!

Down On The Farm:

Charlotte (AAA): Thankfully, suspended after 14 innings in a 5-5 tie. If only all the Kinghts game could end this way.

Birmingham (AA): BEat Mobile 10-5. Some dude named Aceves goes 3 for 4 with a homer and 5 RBIs.

Winston-Salem (A): Beat Wilmington 7-4. Collaro Watch: 1 for 4 with a double and 3 RBIs. Lee had 2 doubles.

Kannapolis (A): Lose 5-2 to Hickory. Liotta strikes out 5 in 6 IP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home