Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Here We Come, Motherfucker!


Photo used without permission. AP/Nam Y. Huh

He dint? He dint? Oh yeah, he did!

Sox Update: Tuesday May 31, 2005 belonged to Jermaine Dye on the Southside. Not only did he make a spectacular catch in the field, his solo homer in the top of the 9th wins it, 5-4 over the LA Angels. Say what you will about Dye being a streaky hitter, his defense has been clutch. And he hits when he has to. Thank you KW!

Speaking of good moves by KW, Seattle sent Olivio down to AAA. Meanwhile Freddy Garcia pitches 5 and 1/3rd, striking out, giving up 3 and keeping the Sox in it. Garcia may not have fulfilled his potential (yet) but he was a quality trade.
Since the Twins lost, the Sox entended their lead to 5 games in the AL Central. With the season 1/3rd of the way over, who woulda thunk that the best record in baseball resides at 35th and Shields?

Down On The Farm:

Charlotte (AAA): Whaddya know? a 3-2 win! Some clown named Person keeps the Knights in it by striking out 5 in 6 IP, giving up just 2 ER.

Birmingham (AA): rain out.

Winston-Salem (A): very ugly loss.

Kannapolis (A): Beat Rome 4-1. Again it was the Gonzales twins providing the pop, with Gonzales The Hitter going 2 for 4 with an RBI and Gonzales the pitcher throwing 8 innings of scoreless 1 hit ball, striking out 9.

Baseball phrase of the day: linea n. line drive (in Spanish)

My softball team won fairly easily tonight, 22-7. I had an off night at the plate, going 1 for 4 with a single. But I made some good plays in the field including an unassisted double play on a hot liner up the middle.
I've been reading some great confessions on www.notproud.com, and I have to confess some of them make me laugh, but other make me horny. Here's an obvious confession from yours truly; I wanna fuck every hot girl I see.

Today's music selection: The iPod was all over the board. Laugh if you like, but I listened to a lot of nostaglia tonight. Luckily, I was in a good mood. Here's a partial list:
Journey "Anyway You Want It (Live)"
Led Zepplin "Hey Hey What Can I Do"
Del Fuegos "Dreams of You"
TPOH "I'm An Adult Now" (Moe Berg is just fuckin awsome)
Bryan Adams "Cuts Like A Knife"
Big Country "In A Big Country"
Del Amitri "Kiss This Thing Goodbye"
Bruce Hornsby "Valley Road (live acoustic)"
Madonna "Take A Bow"
Young Fresh Fellows "Unimaginable Zero Summer"
Goo Goo Dolls cover of "Don't Change"
Pixies "Here Comes Your Man"
Graham Parker "Watch The Moon Come Down"
Hoodoo Gurus "What's My Scene"
Lemonheads "Mallo Cup"
Elvis Costello "The Angels Wanna Wear My Red Shoes"
James Taylor "Walking Man"
Ted Leo "Criminal Place"
Melissa Ethridge "Ain't The Night Heavy"
Paul Westerberg "Kickin The Stall"
Van Morrison "The Smile You Smile"
Wire Train "Diving"

3 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Virtual Office Info At: beach newport office space virtual

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As many links as you want!

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about aa route search and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about aa route search so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by aa route search

 

Post a Comment

<< Home