Thursday, March 10, 2005

Book Worms

Cactus League Update: F*cking spring training. I can't find a box score for yesterday's game. What I can tell you is that Buehrle threw 4 and 1/3rd shut out innings (inculding 4 perfect innings) and got a win, and 3 Sox homered - Konerko, Everett, and Sweeney - in a 7-3 win over San Diego. Thankfully today's game is on tv live at 2, and as a repeat at 7.

Baseball phrase of the day: matador n. a timid infielder; specifically, one who positions his body like a bullfighter to avoid being hit by the ball when fielding it.

Today's music selection: I had the iPod on shuffle this morning and it played a lot of great stuff - Dinosaur Jr., INXS, World Party, the Clash and Donnie Iris. Later on, I listened to a lot of Montefiori Cocktail.

I just finsihed up James Farrell's My Baseball Diary. What a great book. More on this in the coming days...

I'm one of those people who reads more than one book at one time. In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I figured I'd blow thru Angela's Ashes,. since the MILF devoured it just after I gave it to her at Xmas and couldn't stop raving about it. But I'm also reading The Bush Survival Bible, which I got as a gift, Peanuts a great collection put together in a most unique and excellent way by Chip Kidd, and White Sox; The Illustrated History by Richard Wittingham. I gave up on that Napoleon bio after about 150 pages. I'll give it another shot next winter. So that mean's its "springtime for Studs"... Lonigan that is, as I adive into the Studs Lonigan Triology, which is big enough that it should last me most of the summer. What can I say, I'm on a bit of a Farrell kick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home