Monday, April 03, 2006

Not Pretty


Photo stolen from Jeff Roberson/AP Posted by Picasa

The Sox finally began the defense of their first title in 88 years on sunday on the southside. It seems like the past 160 days was just a dream... I, like many, simply didn't want the 2005 season to end.

Amid the scary storms - for a while it looked like we might even get a twister or two - the Sox defeated the Indians 10-4. The game began at 7, and thanks to the rain, didn't finish up until about 1:30 in the morning. The Sox were sparked by a 2-run homer from new guy, and ex-Indian, Jim Thome. Although I didn't write about it here, I did watch a lot of spring training, especially the past few weeks, and saw Thome really get into a groove. Dye was 3 for 3, including an ugly infield hit. Anderson was 2 for 2 with 2 RBIs and a nice double. How sweet is it that McCarthy gets the win in relief?

The championshp banner is up and the ring ceremony is tuesday.

The severe weather we get around this time of the year is always scary. I just get glued to the weather channel, watching line after line of deep red rader imagery pass over us agin and again... I go to my front window to look for a twister, thinking that somehow if I see one, I'll have time to grab all my photo albums and run to the basement.

My internal clock is completely off thanks to the time change. It was nice to see the sun until 7:30, but even when the opposite is true in the fall, I never really feel like I ever get that hour back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home