Sunday, March 19, 2006

Out In The Desert; more notes on spring training


Near Tuscon Posted by Picasa

I still haven't watched much spring training this year. When I have had time to watch baseball on TV, its been the WBC, which has really surprised me - it's been outstanding.

From Sox Camp; Jose Contreras will throw some more and make his next scheduled start on March 25. Supposedly, no soreness. The same is being said of Hermanson, but I don't believe it. Even if he starts the year with the Sox, I think its unlikely he'll finish it, which just adds to the middle reliever woes. sPods is going thru some rehab and will in a minor league game this week. I'm still comfortable with the lack of depth in the Sox outfield. Joe Crede's bat has started coming around.

But the big talk around srping training has been the pitching of Boone Logan. Just 21, he's this spring's Brandon McCarthy.

The space won't be updated for the next few days, as I'm off on a little romantic getaway to the North country. Here's hoping to 'slow n dirty'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home