Monday, February 21, 2005

Beer nuts recipe


nuts!

I don't go to many ball games. Last year, I went to 3 Cub games and 3 Sox games - down from a high in the mid-1980s of 15-20 games per year. My purchase of the 6/17 Sox-Dodger bleacher seats represents the first time I've paid for tickets since 1993. So when I do go to a game, its a big deal for me. One of the ways I usually prepare is to mix up a big batch of beer nuts. Easy and tasty, the simple recipe any bachelor can follow is below:

12 oz. beer (I use Special Export or Old Style)
1/3rd of cup of coarse (Kosher) salt
12 oz SHELLED, raw (unsalted, unroasted) peanuts

--Combine the beer, salt and 1 cup of water in medium sized pot.
--Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
--Remove pan from heat and add peanuts.
--Set aside to soak for 30 minutes.
--Drain.
--Heat oven to 325 degrees.
--Spread nuts in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
--Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once.
--Turn oven off, leave nuts in the oven for 3 hours.
--Store overnight.

Enjoy!

3 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger EasyW said...

No problem at all, Analou.

First, you need to download the "Hello" software, which is avaiable from this blogger site.

Hello lets you register your blog's url, so the pictures know where to be posted.

Once you have Hello on your system, download a picture to a folder on your computer. To upload from the computer to your blog, open Hello. Once Hello is open, click on the Bloggerbot tab, then click on send pictures. Choose Explorer, and you should be able to pull the saved pic off your computer (the same way you would when attaching a picture to an email) and then upload it with a caption.

It took me a few tries, but I finally got it. If you have additional trouble, I've found the support team at blogger to be helpful, albeit slow to answer.

good luck. Thanks for reading! Post your blog link, I'd love to check it out!

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger EasyW said...

Hey Analou--

I found your blog, sweetie. Good stuff, though kinda sad. I'm going to keep reading... and offering what encouragement I can.

Let me know if you need more picture posting help.

 
At 1:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If You are looking for more info on audio books and am glad to be on your site. If you want to find out more about......audio books then go visit http://le4u.com......You wont be disapointed..Thanks For Visiting

 

Post a Comment

<< Home