Saturday, February 19, 2005

First look


Let the games begin

The first pics from spring training are showing up in the local media... and being repurposed here. Again, a sure sign that summer is on the way!

Made a trip down to Hyde Park this afternoon to take care of some family bizness. Unlike last time, I had a chance to stop by and browse the dusty stacks of books at Powell's on 57th. I didn't see anything I wanted, except the cute blond girl working there. She looked like a U of C student, but they're not supposed to be cute. Maybe this is the new look of U of C? The Maroon was discussing bringing back the sexy (well, sexy for U of C anyways) Lascivious Ball. I don't know what it is about these Tina Fey types that turn me on. It has something to do with that naughty bookish look. You know the kind of girl, looks good without make-up and hasn't yet been sexually awakened... That was her. Tres sexy. And probably a lot smarter than me...

Toady's music of choice: the brilliant bossa nova of Jobim, Cypress Hill's bangin "Temples of Boom", the sexy sounds of Morcheeba and the always sultry Thievery Corp, and the interesting new Brazilian Girls, who are at Metro tonight...

5 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it Royko who said U of C was the place where all the students, male and female, look like Woody Allen? Or was he talking about Hyde Park in general?

I'm not a good judge of these things, but it does seem like the place has changed since I was a student there. Most surprising to me is the undergraduate ratio; about 2:1 male when I was there but now about 51:49 female (IIRC).

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger EasyW said...

Yeah, strange. I wonder how the U of C chicks would react to something like a "Girls of the University of Chicago" calendar?

With the current fetishes for goth and Tina Fey, I think there is money to be made for some enterprising student.

Let me know if anyone has connections with U of C students, and I can make the rest happen!

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was an undergrad there (and you, EasyW, were apparently a young teen hanging around the IC stations), one of the fraternities there actually did publish a "Girls of the U of C" calendar. What was hysterical about it was that there were only six girls in it--one for every two months. None of the poses were racy, as I recall, though there was one you might have appreciated of a lass in her swimsuit on the Point for the July/August page.

(To be fair, I note anyone wanting to produce a "Guys of the U of C" calendar would have been hard-pressed to find six guys worthy of it. Maybe one for each quarter?)

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger EasyW said...

Hahaha. hilarious!

Yeah, you'd be hard pressed to find some guys as well. Maybe some of the football or basketball players...

Didn't know U of C still had fraternities - I though they went out with Berwanger.

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

U of C nearly did lose all its frats. As you know, it had dozens during the Berwanger days, but then they waned; Hutchins disdained "Greeks" even more than big-time football. I don't know if they were ever banned altogether, but, as I recall, there are still about a half dozen, with houses on University between 56th and 58th.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home