Wednesday, November 29, 2006

'Best of Southside Adventures' Part 2

Originally posted March 6 2006

I was reading on Stosh's blog about his encounter on a bus last week with the Mekons Sally Timms, and got to thinking about the Mekons, and how, despite growing up a huge music fan in the 1980s, I've never heard any of the Mekons records. It did, however, remind me of that great song "If I Was A Mekon" by Too Much Joy from their oft overlooked "Son of Sam I Am" album. So, whist drinkin a bit (the MILF is out seeing fuckin 'Brokeback'), here is a short list of some great 80s albums you've never heard, but were staples of my adolesense:

Too Much Joy - Son of Sam I Am
The Pursuit of Happiness - Love Junk
Georgia Satellites - In The Land Of Salvation and Sin
Little Steven - Voice of America
Replacements - Hootenanny
Replacements - When The Shit Hits The Fans
Husker Du - Flip Your Wig
The Ravyns - self titled debut on MCA
Fear - The Record The Kings - The Kings Are Here!
The Young Fresh Fellows - The Men Who Loved Music

I wanted to add the Minutemen's Double Nickels On the Dime to this list. But if you've never heard that album, you have no fuckin business being here in the first place (kidding of course).

Speaking of which, I'm desperately trying to find this t-shirt for the MILF for her b-day in May. She'll be the talk of the burbs pickin up the kiddies from the school in that number. If that doesn't work out, maybe I'll just get myself a 'Metal Circus' coffee mug. I hope they ship to the USA!

2 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. This is Pete, one of the founders of Yardbarker (www.yardbarker.com). I couldn't find your email address, but I'd like to speak to you about the linking program that we're doing with a bunch of sports bloggers. It's basically a way for you to get a lot more sports fans reading your best posts. Would you mind contacting me at pete@yardbarker.com so I can email you with more info? Thanks.

Pete

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous LOL Elo Boost said...

You have your shortcuts on your home screen, but also folders full of your applications, pdfs and media files as well. So to do something just select the right folder like on your computer!
League of Legends Boost
League of Legends Elo Boost

 

Post a Comment

<< Home