Tuesday, August 02, 2005

In Between Days


your author hard at play

I want to write something, but not sure what. I don't feel like my usual, formulatic 'White Sox round-up'. Nor do I have a desire to examine pop culture or criticize anything remotely political (though there is plenty to rant about these days).

I wonder sometimes... this blog.. what is it for? Its a writing exercise, to be sure, plain and simple, to get me back in the habit of writing everyday. And my writing skills have improved dramatically, not only because of this magical piece of internet technology, but also thru my job, in which I have to send out a lot of carefully worded emails to a variety of different groups. I'm still a lousy speller, as you may have noticed, but my style is pretty good (even if the best of that is not even remotely reflected on this blog from day-to-day).

So now I have an idea (another one) for a story/book/screenplay. One that I think is good. Its artistic and has what I believe to be enormorus commerial potential. So I want to devote some time to hammering out this idea and actually get it going. If its one thing I think I know about writing is that it really is "1% inspiration , 99% perspiration". Its hard work. And like raising kids, you never know how the final product will turn out. You can slave away for years only to fail miserabely, through no fault of your own. But maybe be happy you tried and become a deeper human being in the process.

This blog will continue on thru the end of this baseball season, which I still think, as I predicted back in March, will end in a World Series championship for the White Sox. But after that, I think its time to begin to raise myself out of the corporate cube by literary means. And to that effort, I must cast aside all things 'writing' not focused on that goal.

I've had enough of shoveling coal for satan.

You've been warned.

On the positive side, I drank a lot of beer tonight (can you tell) and had a lot of fun on the train ride home, listening to the Replacements and staring at some smokin hot blondie MILF sitting across from me.

On the negative side, my softball team had our worst game of the year, getting crushed 12-0 and being eliminated from the playoffs. I blame Perry Farrell and those assholes in Dinosaur Jr. Thanks to the Lollapalozer Inc slackerfest, we had an additional two weeks off to let our softball prowess wane and skills dull. Going into tonight, I'd only played once in the past 6 weeks (and spent half that game pitching). Plus, we played with only 8 people, and were missing our 3 best players. Of the 8 that did show, one was in a leg brace (though she made a great catch in right field to rob a grand-slam homer and end the inning). In honor of the season, I've taken the liberty of posting a rare picture of myself (trust me, I look much better naked. And you can't see my full head of sexy curly locks under the hat, nor my deep brown eyes, or full lips). But even though the season is over, I am already looking forward to next year...

Recently, I did her Ben Folds' version of the classic "In Between Days". His piano line just jumps, and really picked me up and insipred me when I needed it.

Please hang with me. Southside Adventures will return to its regularily scheduled (and extremely insightful, high-quality, and erotic) programming tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home