Friday, March 25, 2005

Free beer!

According to my Google AdSense account, I've earned $5.62 from this site since I began placing ads on it less than two months ago. That should cover the cost of a nice, big, cold, frosty beer at Comiskey Park this summer. Of course, I must give a tip o' the hat, to you, my loyal readers (both of you) for clicking thru from my site to the advertiser, even if it is usually regarding Cub tickets.

Cactus League Update: SF down the Sox 11-6. The pitching struggled; Adkins 4 IP, 4 ER, Walker 1/3rd IP 2 ER, Politte 1 and 2/3rd IP 2 ER, Ovalles 2/3rds IP 3 ER. Cotts worked one good inning. Rowand's 3rd homer of the spring drives in 2. Konerko was 2 for 3. Dye struck out twice.

Bit today in the Wall Street Journal Weekend section on the AL and the Bill James' Pythagorean Theory (or P-wins), which claims to be able to predict a team's success based on run differential (runs scored vs runs allowed). I reject this notion, and as the WSJ points out, the theory wasn't even close to accurate last year for the Yankees. The WSJ also picks the Twins to win the AL central, with their biggest challenge coming from a young Detroit team. Yeah, we'll see 'bout that.

This is a good lead in to my AL Central preview, which should be posted later today or early saturday. Really, this time I mean it.

Baseball phrase of the day: rock n. a dumb play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home