Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Politics of the 2006 World Series


Viva Guillen!

One angle on the now-completed 2006 World Series that I enjoyed is the political one. To me, the Houston Astros represent bad things - indoor baseball, big Texas oil money and all that goes with it - the whole Ernon mess and Bush, Inc. That image is totally opposite the Sox and their multi-ethnic, salt-of-the-earth, Daley-fueled Democratic machine image. I'm sure the players and front office people don't care, but that's one thing I saw...

Even better, Ozzie meets with Hugo Chavez this week... I don't think that trophy will be making a trip to Washington DC anytime soon... now that it currently resides in a Caribeen Communist Paradise!

I found some good pictures of Ozzie's trip to show off the World Series trophy to his old team, the La Guaira Sharks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home